Friday, April 10, 2009

2009-Good Friday

GOOD FRIDAY Contemplation of the Passion CORE GRACE OF THE DAY To feel one with Christ in His suffering because He suffered for me. I should make greater effort to be with Christ through all his anguish, struggle, and suffering. The contemplation of the Passion demands that I pay special attention to how the divinity hides itself so that Jesus seems to be utterly human and helpless. To identify myself with the suffering Christ is to experience the mystical grace that calls for greater recollection, prayer as well as penance. Passages from Scripture: Mtt 26: 30 to 27: 66 Mk 14: 32 to 15: 47 Lk 22: 39 to 23: 56 Jn 18: 1 to 19: 42 The Agony in the garden…Betrayal by Judas… The Arrest of Jesus… Christ before Annas… The denials of Peter… Christ before Caiphas… The High Priest… The first trial before Sanhedrin… The mocking of our Lord… Christ or Barabas… The scourging… Behold the man! The condemnation… The Way of the cross… Meeting of Jesus and Mary his mother… Simon of Cyrene… Meeting with the women… Arrival in Golgotha… Nailing… Division of clothing… Crucified between two thieves… But standing by the cross of Jesus was Mary, his mother… The burial… Is 53: 1-12 He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities.. 1 Pet 2: 21-25 By his wounds you have been healed… Psalms: 25; 28; 31; 62… Divine Reading… The Last Words: “Father forgive them…” Lk 23: 34 “This day you will be with me in paradise…” Lk 23: 43 “Woman behold your son”, “Son behold your mother” Jn 19: 25-27 “I am thirsty” Jn 19: 28 “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me” Mk 15: 34-35 “It is finished” Jn 19: 30 “Father into thy hands I commend my spirit” Lk 23: 46 ========================= I should aim at a deeper conformation and confirmation of myself to what I perceive God is asking of me in the suffering Christ. The light and strength necessary for this comes from my absorption into Christ… Eucharist is the WORD MADE FLESH ever more interiorly present nourishing us conforming us to Himself, confirming us and transforming us in our mission of loving service. ++++++++++++++++++++++ Heal your inner wounds through the cross of Christ. In faith, hope and love, just surrender to the suffering Christ. Believe in his healing power. He suffers for me. His suffering, passion and death heal ME of MY infirmities. Is that not the meaning of redemption brought about by Christ? Believe and experience the difference in your life! +++++++++++++++++ vmalpan@gmail.com