Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Slow down

Mother Mary, pray that we may experience the peace that your Son Jesus promised us. May your powerful intercession be a source of reconciliation and peace in the whole world!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at the images below and allowing oneself to be drawn into the experience of wonder and praise can slow down our otherwise busy schedule of life. Genuine wonder and praise can transport us to a realm of peace which the world cannot give us.

Praying over the verses of the Psalms below at a slow pace

will energize us and move us into contemplative action.

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night." (Psalm 01:1-2)
"I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will tell of all thy wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in thee,
I will sing praise to thy name, O most High." (Psalm 09:1-2)
"The Lord looks down from heaven upon the children of men;
to see if there are any that acts wisely, that seek after God." (Psalm 14: 2)
"The heavens are telling the glory of God;
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours forth speech;
and night to night declares knowledge." (Psalm 19: 1-2)
"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof',
the world and those who dwell therein;
for he has founded it upon the seas,
and established it upon the rivers." (Psalm 24: 1-2)
"The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27: 1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~