Thursday, December 11, 2008

Season of Advent 7

"Have you not heard his silent steps?
Have you not heard his silent steps?
He comes, comes, ever comes."
--------------------------------
The Mysterious One! (Sr.Lucy SDS: Salvatorian Sister who works among the mentally challenged persons) O mysterious one! Among all the illness You are the mysterious one My friend Cancer! You welcomed me into your mysteriousness, To experience your depth To experience your deep pain To experience your powerfulness.... I dived into your depths, darkness I dived into disappointments I dived into isolation I dived into powerlessness..... Yes, you are the mysterious one! You made me realize that I am OK You made me realize that I am cared and loved You made me realize that I am wanted further You made me realize that I am under the providential care of the Almighty. But you shock me with treatments You shock me with more sicknesses You shock me with new diet You shock me with new experiences O mysterious one! I met so many in the hospitals some stayed short and some long I met Children gripped by you You get into their blood, brain, eyes… at their blooming age I met young boys and girls at the threshold of their life devastated by you I met mothers, young and old leaving before they have loved their children enough I met men, young and old, you grasped their mouth, throat... causing a big ? mark! Yes, you are mysterious! You get into everyone - rich, poor, young and old. You want me to be your slave But I will fight you By finding power in the powerful Trusting in the trustworthy Rejoicing in the Giver of Joy. Yes I will fight you again and again Until I stand up to you successfully....
--------------------------------------------------
Amen! Come Lord Jesus! Heal us as you only can!
--------------------------------------------------
Contact E-Mail id: vmalpan@gmail.com