Monday, December 15, 2008

Season of Advent 11

(Photo: Roy M. Thottathil, S.J.) Isaiah 61: 1-2, 10-11 “The Spirit of the LORD GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me to bring good tidings to the afflicted; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour… I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. For the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.” ******************************************** You are welcome to ponder over the question: Have I allowed Jesus to enter my life during this season of advent? If yes, what is its effect in my life? ****************************** Contact: vmalpan@gmail.com